Experience at MediaCorp

[Monday, 09 April, 2007]

Finally, I got to sleep as early as 3am. My alarm clock sounded at 8am but I went back to sleep for my mum was supposed to wake me up after she was done with my half boiled egg. Forty five minutes later, I waked up but it was not ready yet.

After my very light breakfast, I set off in bus 167 to Thomson Road. I took a long stroll up the hill (Olive Road) as I was welcomed by two dogs barking fiercely at me. The owner of the house was very irresponsible that he did not lock up the gate and they dashed out towards me but luckily they posed no threat.

I was able to get to MediaCorp, but somehow was not confirm about it. I called Jesedy and even approached the guard, and finally the lady at the reception. I exchanged my identification card for the visitor pass, which was actually quite fun for it could be tagged to open the doors. I was stunned when the lady told me to call Jesedy but later I realised my information was keyed in earlier. I hanged around there for some time before asking the same lady for direction and she took out a map to guide me.

I managed to find my way to the Annex Building and soon met up with Jesedy. I was told to enter an empty room to fill in my particulars and memorise some lines. Later, another guy was brought in and he was there for audition as well. His name was something like “Haixi”, who was five years younger than me. We did some photo-taking and self introduction using video camera, which was quite weird.

After I was done, Jesedy received a call and she passed over to me, telling me it was from Ben. The voice was unfamiliar but since I had not talked to him for very long, I did not have any doubt at all. I started replying him with crappy messages. When he asked me why I was there, I told him I was too poor recently and had to work part-time. When he asked why I was with Jesedy, I told him he was with her and not me. Later on, the audition for Haixi started and Jesedy took over the phone and realised he was Ben’s dad.

The friendly lady returned me back my identification card later and joked with me. I went to the toilet to shit later and realised it was very nicely done. As I was making my way to the bus-stop without looking at my map again, I realised I got to a dead end at Caldecott Close. I saw a small guard house with a rifleman and further inside was another one. I knew some important people were staying there. I asked the first guard for the way and realised I had made a complete wrong way in the rain. Then, I managed to take Andrew Road, which led to the expressway by the side of Macritchie Reservoir, which was somehow quite familiar. Then, I went to the bus-stop and waited quite long for bus 167.

After reaching home, I dozed off soon. Waking up at around 4pm, I took my lunch, which was fishball noodle. Francis called me about the Boonlay rental and later, I called Regina for the forms and left for the office soon. I was disappointed that the forms for the rental of the whole hostel were not ready yet when the commencing date was 16th April, which was coming soon.

The Metalink people were earlier then the previous lesson. Somehow, I could not endure through the lesson for my head was spinning, perhaps because I had caught some rain and the room temperature was quite low. At least, I used back the same old tactic and was able to have some peace throughout the lesson without anyone asking me irrelevant and uninteresting questions. It marked the end of the six lessons but there should be at least one or two extra lessons soon to come.

I took bus 145 home and I was stunned when the bus stopped at Harbourfront for a pretty and sporty girl boarded it but was sitting at the front. She alighted at the same bus-stop and I was not in my mind again that I took another route home instead of the centre way. At least, the glance at her at the alighting doors was good enough to brighten the night.

Kelly called me soon after I reached home. I started watching television and finally was able to catch the “Four Famous Constables” on channel 8. Later, Kelly called me again and I brought the commission letter down to pass to her. She was busy on phone and I waited for her.

Suddenly, a cab stopped and a very hot and pretty girl alighted. She took the inner lift. Kelly was signalling me to look at the babe throughout even though she was very busy on the phone.

This night, finally I realised nothing than the Nanhua Secondary (or maybe ex) girl, there was another babe staying at my block.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.