Loving ECP

[Friday, 06 April, 2007]

The struggle to stay up at around 1am to finish up my work caused me the day. I lay on the bed for a few minutes and I was never sleepy again. I tried to sleep at 4am but could not doze off. At first it was squeezing on the bed with my younger brother and mum. Then I shifted over to my elder brother’s side, which was much more comfortable but it did not help. I got up at 6.30am finally, deciding not to waste any time again, began to do some work.

I left for Bukit Batok after 8am. Kelly was waiting there for Mingfa and me. After Mingfa arrived at 9am, we went up to Mr Khin’s house. His wife showed us great hospitality again. After some discussion and taking of photos, we left.

Mingfa accompanied me to the Burger King. It was the first time I took their breakfast, which tasted alright. I saw a girl who looked like Sergeant Kim but even though we were just nearby, I did not try to greet her for she might not remember me and moreover she was with a guy.

I dropped Huiying a SMS since the previous time she blamed me for not telling her I was near her place. As I was telling her about cycling at ECP, she told me she did not know my friends. I replied her that she had met them during my chalet and she almost made me vomit blood by asking me why I opened a chalet again. I gave up.

Mingfa and I left at 11am. After reaching home, I began to blog for the previous day while messaging more people. Kwang Han suddenly flew us aeroplane and decided not to join us anymore.

I took bus 196 to ECP and met Gilbert and Rueben right at the bus-stop. We went to the MacDonald’s and by then, Andrew had arrived. He was a storeman at the secure store previously, who I got to know better during my ROC trip. I got to chat a lot with him before going back into the restaurant. By then, Jesslin had arrived and the five of us set off together.

With Andrew. Reuben at the back.

Purchasing drinks at the jetty

Children sitting on tree trunk; aeroplane; Gilberto hiding behind Reuben for shade; photography

Andrew the professional cyclist

We went to the two nearest bicycle kiosks but business was so good that they were almost empty. We had to move further down towards the east and got ourselves a $7 bike each for two hours duration, except for Andrew who had cycled there from his house. His cycling skill was impressive even though he was a PES E guy who had undergone a heart operation during my ORD period.

Meeting up at 2pm was a good choice for the park was much more crowded than in the morning and babes were all over the place. It was very refreshing to the eyes and body as we sweated out throughout the journey. At least, I felt good that I was exercising to improve the condition of my knees.

Jesslin, Gilberto’s secretary


Group photo, courtesy of the bicycle seat, thanks for holding on the camera!


We proceeded till the Changi Safra Chalet before making a U-turn. In between, we had a number of breaks as well. We had real group photo-taking near the chalet.

Cute doggy

Drenching thirst at the food centre

Andrew, Rueben and I were leading the way as Gilbert displayed his weakness again. I halted the two cyclists at the food centre to get some fresh coconut drinks and after a while, Jesslin finally arrived with Gilbert who did not look at the left. We could only manage to Gilbert but Jesslin was way beyond our shouts.

As we were nearer to the central, the roads were very congested but it gave us the fun. There were times we tried to overtaking big groups, little kids blocked the way with sudden stops, and I could play well with braking.

Gilberto was so happy that he could make it back

My favourite bicycle kiosk – it was almost empty inside when we were returning the bikes

The crowd

Cute girls bladding

Drinking outside 7-11 store

Gilberto’s free show

Tunnel.. they didn’t want to stop and I had to take it fast

Andrew left after we returned the bike. We strolled to Parkway Parade and Gilbert was disappointed that the rest of them wanted to go home immediately. I took bus 196 with Rueben and finally started dozing off on the bus. Gilbert SMSed me, saying that he felt he had lost his weight just by such short distance of cycling and that he could eat more food at night to celebrate for it.

Upon reaching home, there were satays waiting for
me and I could not stop eating. The satisfaction was great. I continued with my work until I started dozing off during late evening. My mum and younger brother started packing the house again.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.