Firman’s Convocation and Wanling Met Lucky

[Wednesday, 6 October, 2010]

I spent some time after midnight asking Kachua and Joceyln to test my website. I went to bed at 5am eventually. Lucky refused to sleep and it was difficult to doze off as my mum would start screaming whenever he went near her.

I woke up before 7am and waited nearly half an hour for bus 75. It was ridiculous for the bus to take so long to arrive where the bus-stop was crowded with irritated faces. I regretted not leaving my house earlier or to take the train instead. It started pouring on the way to slow me down. Firman was worried throughout but I was very certain that everything was going to be fine since I had experienced convocation at SIM campus before.

I was right that I was still early even though the stated time was up. I took my time to go to the toilet to release myself but regretted not going in earlier since I could have taken a seat nearer to the stage for better shooting of pictures when Firman went up. Anyway, being at convocation ceremony was one of the things I hated most for the long speeches.

After it ended, we went down for phototaking. I was expecting more friends of him to be there but his classmates were not very “happening” and some had left early for group photos. I followed him around and missed taking food from the tables. I got hungry and had a little gastric pain. In the end, I took bus with him and his parents to Dover where we transited to train.

I went to Bianhong’s mum working place at the coffee shop. She was too busy to entertain the customer at the counter to see me. After standing there for very long, I left for home. Since I had asked Wanling to have lunch with me as I thought she would be coming down soon, I took only a small slice of mooncake.

It was almost 3pm when I went down to find Bianhong’s mum again. After passing her the thumbdrive to return to Bianhong, she treated me two packets of chicken rice. I went down to the MRT station to meet Wanling and we had our chicken rice at the hawker centre, followed by a bowl of ice-kachang.

Since Wanling could not find her kite, we called off the plan to go to the Marina Barrage and instead, we went straight to my house to play with Lucky. Lucky hit off well with her soon and he even scratched her as he got hyperactive. Together with my younger brother, we played for quite long and I got so tired since I had slept for less than three hours, and eventually dozed off inside the bedroom.

My mum, Wanling and I had dinner together after my brothers had their. My mum was asking questions and then she caused some embarrassment when she asked why we were together only now after knowing for so many years. It was a different case for my younger brother for my mum would never mistake his female friends as his girlfriend. Anyway, we quickly clarified with her.

After the dinner, we went down to get batteries before joining my brothers at the second storey for a while as they were playing with Lucky. I sent Wanling home soon. I tried contacting Gilbert since he was staying nearby and he thought we were together as well. We had good chats along the way and it was peaceful after alighting from the MRT station, walking towards her house. We stopped by the 7-11 store and grabbed two bottles of milk tea.

When I was crossing over to my house, someone called me and I was surprised that it was Tommy whom I met at MediaCorp years ago. I could not believe it that he could still remember me. I walked him to the MRT station as we chatted. I loved talking to him even though we did not chat often online.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.